All Placement Testing must be taken by June 14. Students who fail to take their placement tests may not be able to register for fall classes during Pirate Adventure. Some students need to take placement tests in English, math and/or a foreign language in order to be placed in the correct course level. Testing is based upon your SAT or ACT score as well as your major. EOP students need to contact the EOP Center for Learning, Instruction and Assessment at (973) 761-9161 to arrange for on-campus testing.
How does Placement Testing Work?
- When you log in to PirateNet to confirm your attendance, you will see the tests you will be required to take. Each test has a link to the online testing.
- The math placement test is progressive and timed; students must pass one part to continue on to the next level.
- If you plan on studying a new language, you are not required to take the language placement test. Students taking the Spanish language placement test will need a microphone on their computers.
Can I take my placement test(s) on campus?Yes. Placement testing will be available on campus (Fahy Hall 202) during the following days/times:
- Thursday, May 16, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 21, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Please contact the Office of Freshman Studies (973) 761-9740 to make an appointment.