Open Enrollment for 2014 is scheduled for November 1-15, 2013.
Open enrollment starts Friday, November 1st and ends Friday, November 15th, 2013. The benefit selections you make during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2014.
Seton Hall University offers a comprehensive benefits program with a range of options. Use this annual opportunity to review your current benefit selections and make choices for you and your family members that meet your needs.
Things to consider
- If you are not making any changes to your medical and/or dental benefits, you do NOT need to take any action. However, participants in the pre-tax spending accounts (health care and dependent care) must re-enroll if they wish to continue to enjoy this benefit in 2014.
- If you are participating in the Flexible Spending health care and/or dependent care reimbursement account and wish to continue to participate in 2014, you must re-enroll.
- If you will be switching medical and/or dental plans, remember to re-enroll all eligible dependents in Banner.
- If you are eligible to participate in our benefit programs but choose not to, please log on to Banner and Opt-Out/Decline coverage.
- If you and your family are primarily using CIGNA network providers, consider switching from the Open Access Plus plan to the Point of Service medical plan.
- If you are using out-of-network providers, please review CIGNA’s directory of network providers to see if there are other providers that may meet your needs.
- Open enrollment changes are in effect for the entire year unless you experience an IRS qualifying event (i.e. change in marital status, birth or adoption of a child). Contact the Benefits office within 31 days of the date of the event.
- Enrollment for the new commuter benefit is via paper (unlike the rest of the benefits). To access the enrollment for the commuter benefits, please click here ». Submit the enrollment form to the Human Resources Department for processing.
Start reviewing your options and the attached documents as soon as possible. Don't wait until the last minute.