Open Enrollment for 2015 is scheduled for
October 31 - November 14.
Open enrollment starts Friday, October 31 and ends Friday, November 14, 2014. The benefit selections you make during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2015.
Seton Hall University offers a comprehensive benefits program with a range of options. Use this annual opportunity to review your current benefit selections and make choices for you and your family members that meet your needs.
Things to consider
- If you are not making changes to your medical and/or dental benefits, you do NOT need to take any action. However, participants in the pre-tax spending accounts (health care and dependent care) must re-enroll if they wish to continue to enjoy this benefit in 2015.
- If you will be adding dependents to your medical and/or dental plans, please have their social security numbers in hand when you are ready to make your changes.
- If you will be switching medical and/or dental plans, remember to re-enroll all eligible dependents in Banner.
- If you are eligible to participate in our benefit programs but choose not to, please log on to Banner and Opt-Out/Decline coverage.
- If you and your family are primarily using CIGNA network providers, consider switching from the Open Access Plus (OAP) plan to the Point of Service (POS) medical plan. The POS plan is less per paycheck and lower co-payments.
- If you are using out-of-network providers, please review CIGNA's directory of network providers to see if there are other providers that may meet your needs.
- If you are participating in the Flexible Spending health care and/or dependent care reimbursement account and wish to continue to participate in 2015, you must re-enroll.
- 2014 Participants in the pre-tax health care spending account will be able to carry over $500 of their unused monies and use it in 2015.
- After you enroll in Banner, please make sure that you print the Confirmation Statement for your records.
- Open enrollment changes are
in effect for the entire year unless you experience an IRS "qualifying event"
(i.e. change in marital status, birth/adoption of a child). Contact the
Benefits office within 31 days of the date of the event.
Start reviewing your options and the attached documents as soon as possible.
Don't wait until the last minute.