Why an M.A. in Strategic Communication and Leadership?
The College of Communication and the Arts' online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Leadership (MASCL) is an 18-month, 34-credit program consisting of five sequential learning modules that include extensive online interaction with faculty and peers, plus an individualized component designed to enhance presentation and writing skills.
From inception to completion, the MASCL program provides highly motivated individuals with the opportunity to enhance leadership, communication and organizational management skills. Graduates reporting being consistently engaged, while developing the competencies needed to shape them into leaders of their industries.
Program HighlightsThe MASCL program launched in 1998 and appeals to high-achieving candidates looking to succeed. Additional program highlights include:
- Comprehensive curriculum that includes five highly-interactive online modules
- Two on-campus residencies for students to hone leadership and communication skills
- Internationally recognized faculty and guest speakers
- Accredited program from a University with a 150 year history of academic excellence
- Access to alumni networks with over 500 graduates
- Rolling Admissions - apply anytime for the next learning team
Graduates and Success Stories
- "The online aspect of the MASCL program gave me a lot of flexibility and allowed me to study right from Guam, where I was stationed." - Romeo Delfin, M.A. '15
"My decision to attend Seton Hall for its MASCL program was among the best I've ever made, and it was a worthwhile investment. The knowledge I gained, the connections I made, and the accomplishment of completing my master's degree is priceless." - Janet Boehnlein, M.A. '14
Who Should Apply?
MASCL candidates should possess several years of significant professional experience in a corporate, military, governmental, or nonprofit environment. Successful MASCL candidates are seeking to develop and enhance their communication skills in preparation for future leadership roles.
Online Learning Teams Forming Now
MASCL is an innovative student-centered program where students progress through each module as a learning team or cohort. Learning Teams being twice a year – in March and September. A completed application includes an official baccalaureate transcript, three letters of recommendation, letter of intent/personal statement, and resume.