Open topic with navigation
Edit Taxonomy Facets & Terms
Access the Edit Taxonomy Facets & Terms dialog from the Manage Taxonomy dialog. Use this option to:
- View existing terms hierarchically or alphabetically
- View all facets at the same time or one at a time
- Edit existing facets
- Edit existing terms
- Add new facets
- Add new terms directly to the taxonomy (instead of updating the XML file and re-importing)
Edit Taxonomy presents the following views and options:
Hierarchically: Displays a tree view of facets based on currently defined hierarchical relationships, as shown below.
To view terms, click the plus
icon. The Uncategorized Terms folder contains terms not currently associated with a facet.
Alphabetically: Displays terms in A-Z order, as shown below:
Terms in each view display the following options:
- Edit Term - In the hierarchical view, displays the Edit Facet dialog to modify facet name and description. In the alphabetical view, displays the Administrators Reference dialog to modify the current term name and add or edit associations, annotations, and broader or narrower terms.
- Move Term - Displays the Administrators Reference dialog for migrating the current term to another term that will receive it as a narrower term.
- Detach Term - Displays the Detach Term dialog for removing this term from current facet and term associations. If the term has narrower terms associated with it, the hierarchy of narrower terms is flattened. This term (and any narrower terms associated with it) is moved to the Uncategorized Terms folder.
- Delete Term - In the hierarchical view, displays the Delete Facet dialog for removing this category from the current taxonomy.
In the alphabetical view, displays the Administrators Reference dialog for removing this term from the taxonomy. The Delete Term dialog displays options for handling any associated narrower terms.
- Add New Narrower Term - Displays the Add Narrower Term dialog to create a new narrower term association for this term.
- Add Existing Narrower Term - Displays the Add Existing Narrower Term dialog to associate an existing narrower term with this term.
Show: Displays a dropdown for filtering terms by individual facets in the current taxonomy.
New Facet button: Displays the Add New Facet dialog for creating a new facet for this taxonomy.
New Termbutton: Displays the Add New Term dialog for creating new terms for this taxonomy. You can add terms to existing facets or enter them as uncategorized.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
Sites upgrading from versions earlier than release 6.0 should review the following (from the support section of paperthin.com - requires login):
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation