5:00 p.m. Mass, Immaculate Conception Chapel
- 5:30 p.m. Blessing of the Crèche
- 5:45 p.m. Fifth Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, University Green
Sing along to Christmas carols with our campus choirs, take pictures with the Pirate, enjoy hot chocolate and other special holiday treats. The event will be emceed by Robin Cunningham, Associate Vice President, Freshman Studies and Winston Roberts, Assistant Dean of Students.
The following have been selected to light the Christmas tree:
- Stefanie De Simone, Class of 2015
- Mr. and Mrs. James O’Brien, former Regent, Class of 1982 and family
- Emily O’Brien, Class of 2018
- Kevin O’Brien, Class of 2017
- Benjamin, son of Michelle Peterson of the Division of Volunteer Efforts, M.A.’04
Complimentary men’s basketball ticket and Christmas sweater t-shirt voucher are available at the tree lighting ceremony for all in attendance. Use your ticket immediately following the ceremony for the 7:00pm Seton Hall vs. Mount St. Mary’s at the Prudential Center.
There will be a collection of non-perishable items for St. John’s Soup Kitchen and Our Lady of Sorrows food pantry. Each person who brings two of the following items will receive a special gift from Seton Hall: canned vegetables; instant mashed potatoes; stuffing; canned soup; pasta sauce; sugar; salt; pasta; peanut butter or other non-perishable item.
In addition, everyone who brings an unwrapped toy for the DOVE Toy Drive will receive a blue Santa hat. Those who are unable to attend on December 2 can drop off toys and non-perishable items until December 17 in the DOVE Office.